FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:13 pm
Weyland Yutani Corp
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by Akihabara
Hi all. I'm reporting back on my experience of the "Fast track" entry.
It probably should be called "Faster track" (or not-as-slow track) as it really wasn't so different. It was 1hour and 15 minutes from landing to curbside. I could not have done it any faster honestly.
You still need to do all the "stations" in the chain.. just some are a little easier than previously being able to show the green box on the app.
I was on the first flight of the day and passenger 0001 processed.
Note that I had been under the impression that doing the Fast track entry meant completely paperless so didn't bother to take the sheets of paper they given you on the plane (pledge etc).
Turns out that the one called Health Card is needed so best to take all paper they give you on the plane anyway.

Here are my timings and some notes:
- Landed 4:40 AM
- Deplaned 4:50 AM (Japan entry let off ahead of the transfer passengers - this is not always the case)
- Start processing 4:55 AM (basically show passport, app with QR code, green box etc)
- PCR test 5:05 AM
- SOS App check 5:10 AM (of which I clearly already had installed and yes, you still need to do this and I asked them why they need to be checking for location tracking etc when there is no quarantine.. they claim it is for close contact tracking if someone tests positive on the flight)
- Quarantine check 5:15 AM (where they decide if you are quarantine free etc. They were a bit clueless here and had to refer to a supervisor who confirmed no quarantine for me. I was hopeful they could just look at the green box.. wasn't that simple )
- Waiting for test results 5:20AM
- Got results 5:45 AM (I was super happy that i didn't have to wait for a "batch" of 5 to be reported - mine was reported but no one else).
- Immigration and exit 5:55 AM (Didn't need to do anything special)
Thanks for the report! Was this HND?