FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skip the Line and Check a Bag in a Minute or Less: UA Debuts New 'Bag Drop Shortcut'
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:24 pm
narvik

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by magendim
Hadn't come through EWR since the fall but flew out yesterday and check-in/bag drop seems to be much better. When I checked in on the app, the app kept telling me to use the purple bag drop area, so I did. Gatekeeper agent asked If I was invited said yes and showed my app BP. Got assisted immediately, scanned my BP, they attached the tag & premier tag, checked ID and off I went in about two minutes.
Sounds definitely like an improvement!!
So, the decisive trigger whether one can use the "Skip the Line and Check a Bag in a Minute" is whether one is checked in online or not?
Can you still get a printed boarding pass at the 'purple' drop-off location?

Originally Posted by magendim
Walking past the premier check-in area, I noticed that they now have a stantioned lines vs that frustrating randomly pick a staffed station free for all they used to have....
Okay, now I am confused though: THIS was the major problem at check-in/bag drop off at EWR: not enough staff, and the issue of getting the attendant's attention. If UA fixed/changed this now, why bother with the "Skip the Line and Check a Bag in a Minute"???

These two systems [at EWR] are now identical, no?