FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:19 am
victorindia

I will be doing a Domestic-International transit in T3 on one ticket so I expect my bags to be checked through and have a boarding pass for the international leg. I've read thru most recent posts on this thread but still had a question about timing and lounge access.

My flight from BOM arrives at 2:30 PM and flight to EWR leaves at 11:45 PM

A post here says you're not allowed airside sooner than 4 hours prior to departure. Does this mean I cannot go through immigration and security before 7:45 PM? But if this process takes 2 hours, can I join the end of the queues at 5:45 PM? Or won't they let me even get close before 7:45?

If I start immigration/security at 7:45 and it takes 2 hours, does that mean I get only 2 hours to use the Plaza Premium lounge?

What are my options for waiting (where?) until I'm allowed to go through immigration and security and access the departures lounge? It doesn't look like there is even any seating in the arrivals hall in the image posted above.