FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:16 am
fdem
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by 13901
Oh boy, that escalated quickly.

For the sake of clarity, the conversation I had with my mates was that them, having checked the logs, found no one was involuntarily downgraded on the flight where the disturbance allegedly took place. This, like upgrades, are events that leave a trace in the system. No such trace was there for the flight where this event should've taken place.

The logic jump is that if no one was downgraded, then no one was booked in club and then ended up in economy, and with that I infer that if the flight was the correct one, and if my mates know how to read the information, then the nanny wasn't booked in club. It's not like they found the ticket of Msr. Nanny and confirmed she was on a HBO fare, checked in 14B - as far as I know the nanny has never been named in public and, unless there was a comment on her booking to say "Her boss is xyz" there's no way in hell to link her up to the barrister if they were on two different bookings. Apologies for not having been clearer.

Now, from here to saying that "BA breached GDPR" is, in my opinion, a long shot. But then again, I'm not a lawyer and we've seen people who are lawyerly-minded launch a lawsuit against BA on why they didn't get their helicopter ride from NYC so what do I know.
sounds to me that nanny could have been booked in ET and said barrister requested she be seated in the empty middle seat in club and when told not possible threw a wobbly as he could claim the middle seat was his as he paid for it!?