FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:04 pm
alph

Hopefully I am finally able to post this up.

So here's the booking confirmation. You can clearly see the rate and tax and the total as well as the resort fees of $176.88 (39+tax = 44.22 per night). Nothing too controversial here, all standard

You can see AMEX travel debited me that amount. Again, no shenanigans

So then this happens. I arrive and they charge me $812.76.
​​​​
I tell them this is the wrong amount, they say this is in fact the correct amount and then explain the following to me:
$100/night deposit = $400 (no surprise here, have stayed here multiple times and I know this is their deposit policy and this will be returned)
15/night parking = 60 (again, totally normal)
Resort fees of $352.76. They never gave an exact nightly rate just said that the 352.76 was resort fees.

I pointed out at check-in that this was almost double the advertised rate of $39 plus tax per night. And they confirmed this to both myself (on check in) and the AMEX travel rep who called the hotel yesterday evening.

As I said yesterday, the front desk changed their story (to me) when I asked last night and said the balance was the difference between what AMEX paid and the actual room rate. When I called AMEX Travel to notify them of the discrepancy, AMEX called hotel and the hotel then told AMEX that it was again the new resort fee amount.

AMEX Travel was supposed to work to resolve this today but I have not heard a peep.
​​​​​​