FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:19 am
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by daq
Does anyone know at what point in this process for a new application a photo would be rejected (I'm concerned that it may be too blurry) and if it would be, would it require restarting the whole process again or significantly delay it?
I'd expect a significant delay if your photo is found to not be suitable. We submitted an expedited application in late November that showed a "The U.S. Department of State has received your application..." status with a date in mid December. At some point in late January (over a month later) we received a notification that the picture that was submitted along with the application (taken by the application acceptance office n less) was not suitable. After a few weeks trying to get new pictures taken (college students have their own timelines) we sent off the new pictures about 10 days ago. The application status has so far not changed and nothing has been received by us as of yet.