FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:31 pm
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Yes, and had the confirmation email from the Israeli government saying I was allowed to board the flight on that date to enter Israel. They said it wasn’t enough, I needed that in addition to the “green pass” despite me showing them this news article: https://m.jpost.com/health-and-welln...cle-698887/amp

I said can you just read this paragraph:

“In addition to the new travel rules, the Green Pass system that has been implemented in one form or another since March 2021 will no longer be operational, except for exceptional circumstances, such as entering a nursing home.”

They said well that’s not officially from the government, despite every other newspaper saying the same thing. They called Israel. Back and forth for and hour, they finally let me board. They definitely had the old information and I knew it when she asked me for my vaccine card. They were adamant they were not gonna let me go, but she got the name of someone in Israel so they wouldn’t get fired if they were wrong.

What a time to travel… Since things are changing I would tell people to make sure you can back up your documents.
Glad it worked out but the Finnair folks, I think, are doubly wrong. Doesn’t Israel only issue the Green Pass after you pass the arrival COVID test at TLV?