FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:31 pm
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
At the hotel for 5 nights now....I think I pay little under 100 USD per night. Not bad for a weekday stay. I second the review above. A very pleasant hotel, but it is extremely outdated. Barely working bathroom fixtures from the 70s and furniture from the late 80s, I guess. Having said that it's very comfortable. Was upgraded to a corner suite on the 17th floor with commanding views of the Reforma and the Angel Monument. The suite has a separate living area, with it's own roomnumber. Two full bathrooms. Large sitting group, coffee machine, and ample space. Bed is great as usual, but the duvet is one of the thickest/heaviest I have encountered at any hotel, I think. And it's sooooo firmly tucked away far under the mattress - I had a Constanza moment last night. Water, ample amounts of wet wipes and masks, larger bottles of mouth water and so on provided too, which is a nice touch.

The staff is nice. They forgot to service my room today, but housekeeping came immediately when reminded. Lounge has breakfast till 11 AM, which I appreciate. Both breakfast and evening snacks are served to you, like mentioned above. I much prefer self service though, so hopefully they will resume that in the not too distant future. Loads of very loud people in the lounge, but that's not the hotels fault. Corona and wine served to your table, the staff are very attentive and as soon as one beer is finished they bring another one. The white wine is horrendous, so I do see why they want to get rid of that. The food, both breakfast and evening snacks, were nice I find it quite silly that you have to sign bills before leaving the lounge (both at breakfast and in the evening) - I have only experienced this at some very few hotels in Asia. Everything is free anyway....

The pool is only open till 7 PM, so haven't had the chance to check it out yet.

But most of all, I love the location of this hotel, all the hustle and bustle of this sprawling capital city just outside the door. Having said that, I enjoyed my stay at the defunct Sheraton Centro Historico too (many years ago), but Maria Isabel is nicer

Last edited by skrosvik; Feb 28, 2022 at 8:32 pm