FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2022 edition
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:52 pm
abligh

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by PAL62V
So I’m going to report myself here, although not sure I qualify.

LHR-LIS on 506 today. Both of us with the legal amount of HBO and I am Silver. Boarding in group 2.

At the gate, told that it’s a full flight and they will have our bags put in the hold. I wasn’t too happy with this as we want a quick getaway at LIS. I asked if we could keep them please and we’re told again that it’s full and they need space.

So, I asked what was the point in having status and qualifying for Group 2 boarding and being forced to have bags put in the hold? Why not get those who are on lower groups to have to do that?

They relented.

Was that unreasonable? I wasn’t rude, but I was ‘assertive’.
I have to admit I’ve done that. “Firstly I’m in Group 1, secondly I am in business, and thirdly I am Gold Guest List - I think you should go and talk to the folks over there [meaning who are not gate lice like me] first”. This has so far been effective. I admit this makes me a DYKWIA but really if there is someone who should be allowed to keep my one bag, given I pay for business, I think it probably should be me. So hang me now.

I guess I could have added “in 1A and Seq 001” but that really would have been showing off.

But seriously confiscating legal hand luggage from folks in business seems unreasonable.