FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:41 pm
MarkCron

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I've been in a big kerfuffle about where to spend two nights in Barcelona soon -- was between here, Cotton House, and Edition (as many seem to be). Thought about W, beach could be nice (but maybe too cold anyhow in March), but it's just out of the way and we'd like to walk to food. I scratched Cotton House after reading about likely difficulties getting a real suite with a separate living room. Scratched Edition because I'd have to book FHR to get breakfast, and that rate ends up being about $130/night more than the LeM, and because odds of getting a true suite there look slim to none. Currently have a cancellable rate booked at the LeM with SNAs applied and will definitely keep the res if the SNAs clear, but might consider bouncing elsewhere if they don't. Any advice welcome (open to other brands too) -- priorities are (1) location (anywhere in the general area of the LeM is fine), (2) increasing the odds of a proper suite (will have a 9-month-old), and (3) quality onsite breakfast (on the morning of checkout we'll have time to eat breakfast and head to the airport to get to Rome but will be much easier if it's on property; see also, 9-month-old). Current rate is 206 euro/night at the LeM.

Speaking of breakfast, which is why I came here to post initially, any recent reviews on what is on offer? Real eggs, hopefully? (Not just omelets or buffet scrambles?)
There are plenty of options at breakfast, Including cava.
Eggs were not on a buffet, but I am not 100% sure they were cooked to order either. They probably were. There were about 10 items on a menu plus a buffet area with cold cuts, breads, cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc
FWIW, on 2 stays a few weeks ago, I was upgraded to a 2 room suite without using SNA as an Amb. I asked in the app chat for the upgrade when check-in window opened.