FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tempe Mission Palms REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2022, 4:22 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Seagull689
Is this with hotel shuttle or car? And is a car rental worthwhile assuming one can find things to do in the area, or would hotel shuttle/walking be sufficient for a short overnight stay?
I had a rental car; the rental car center was an absolute zoo with a long queue to get on the bus back to the terminal. I dropped my family off at the terminal which was around an 8-9 minute drive, then it took me another 35+ minutes to return the car and get back to the terminal myself. I had to wait for the 4th shuttle bus, then it was around a 12 minute ride back to Terminal 4. If I had to do it again, I probably would've returned the car yesterday locally in Tempe/Scottsdale and then taken the shuttle or an Uber to PHX this morning. I burned a ton of time this morning with the airport rental car center.

If you're going for a short overnight, I personally would not get a car - I think getting and returning the car will eat up a lot of time - you can take the shuttle or light rail to the hotel, then uber/lyft as needed.