FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All BA short haul out of LHR 26 Feb cancelled [Rebooking assistance thread]
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:27 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Janehelen
My flight this afternoon from Istanbul was cancelled and i accepted a rebooking onto the morning flight BA0675 on 28th. That flight is now showing as delayed (but with the timings the same as scheduled) and I’m concerned about missing work meetings if it is delayed. If I were to book another flight for 27th probably via Paris or Amsterdam (as Turkish and Lufthansa are all sold out), would BA compensate me? Or does having accepted the rebooking ruin any chance of them reimbursing me if i then choose to make my own arrangements?
Welcome to Flyertalk Janehelen, and welcome to the BA forum. If it is showing a delay now, I would not take it seriously, at this stage BA doesn't know what will happen, there is a good chance it will be on time. As a general rule, rebooking to a new date means accepting that this is what you are happy with, and so it's important to bear that in mind, it's usually one bite only of the cherry. In particular if you rebooked yourself and the BA service was actually more or less on time then all you could be able to do is to claim an Future Travel Voucher and no refund. You should get EC261 for the late cancellation of your original service, however.