FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:17 am
aoz

Hi, I am new to this forum but could use some advice. I travel extensively between Europe and Asia and my airline of choice has been CX (or AF, but this doesn't matter for this topic). Due to the deteriorating situation of CX (financially, politically in Hong Kong) I am looking for another OW FFP. Ideally I would like to continue with my usual travel patterns on CX should they rebound, and just credit my travel on OW to a different FFP.

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Lounge Access, also with partner airlines. Lifetime status would be a nice bonus, but not a must
Redemption opportunities for EU-Asia (Far East)
(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Reply: >50000 miles, longhaul in Saver Business, intra-europe in Discounted Y
(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
Reply: longhaul in Saver Business, Short haul in Discounted Y
(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply: Yes 4x
(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
Reply: In order:
ZRH-BKK (used to fly this route with CX often, but for obv reasons this will not be possible in the immediate future. otherwise AF, SQ, AY, OS, LX)
ZRH-CDG (AF)
ZRH-MAD (LX, IB, UX, whatever is cheapest)
ZRH-SIN (Often with CX, otherwise SQ, AF, AY, QR, LX)
SIN-BKK (whatever suits best (schedule, price); SQ, TG, CX)
ZRH-ICN (CX, KE, QR)

(6) What is your home airport?
Reply: Zurich (ZRH)
(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
Reply: Cathay Pacific Diamond (trying to burn all my Asia Miles atm), Air France Platinum (Could I use this status to match perpaps? I don't mind earning a status from scratch though), Lufthansa M&M Frequent Flyer
(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
Reply:
In Order, long-haul: CX (again, pre-pandemic), AF, SQ, AY, OS

In Order, short-haul: LX, AF, UX, IB

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aoz; Feb 26, 2022 at 11:25 am