FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Marriott Reopen Lifetime Titanium Status?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:04 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'm uttering underwhelmed with Titanium itself - other than the Star Alliance Silver status occasionally comes in handy.

Otherwise, the in-hotel treatment seems equally bad for all levels so Titanium is really just some extra bonus points. Big picture is that I'm moving discretionary stays mostly away from all of the big hotel brands in the direction of VRBO type stays. I earn enough points on business trips to cover things like when I need an airport hotel, but there is no joy in staying at Marriotts anymore.
Isn't that the truth.

I never even knew that I had LTT until some hotel clerk told me. 95% of my stays have been at local Fairfields, Residence Inns and the ilk.
The few times I have been at a full service Marriott, I notice nothing different about the service delivered to me versus the general public.

Never needed UA status. LT plat there. Too bad Marriott doesn't do DL.

Since Covid came along, the only thing I really wanted out of a hotel stay was breakfast (my main meal of the day), and that has been sorely curtailed by the virus's effects on hotel service

I am actually getting to use one of my 3 free stay coupons at a hotel next month in some small fly-over country burb. First one I was actually able to use on a stay.

IMO, this game is rigged in Marriott's favor but I am the sucker having to play it