FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me find a relaxing and luxurious option within 3 hours of MIA
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:47 am
Out of my Element

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We ended up at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Lake Worth Beach/Palm Beach (I think the border runs thru the property). Used points for 6 nights (buy 4 get 5 +1) and a certificate. No upgrade available, I don't think they really have any suite rooms, just extended rooms with a sitting area/sofabed.

It certainly wasn't fancy, but it was less than a 10 minute walk to a nice beach, which was exactly what we needed.

No resort fee and free parking which is key because you pay for parking everywhere in that area. They give you a slip of paper to put on the dashboard. $3/hour at the beach lot next door which was usually packed. Nice to leave a hotel after 7 days having paid exactly $0.

Considering we had no alternative anywhere if we wanted to use points, it worked out quite well for us. Place was not quite full on Wednesday/Friday, but packed beginning on Saturday. Lack of real suites and maybe no adjoining rooms meant many fewer kids running around than anticipated