FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:57 pm
Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I'm staying here very soon...For better or worse, this is my Lifetime Diamond stay. I have 999 nights...Not expecting much, and I'm guessing the confused look if I told the clerk this is a milestone stay. So, any recent Diamond upgrade experience? If not much, I'll probably just going to try the $20 trick to get a better room--sounds like the Ruby Tower is the way to go? Any advice or insider tips will be appreciated!.

1. Congrats on the Lifetime Diamond!
2. This IS a really good hotel, and the staff is squared away. Many stayed on / returned from the Hard Rock and seemed to be of good cheer and knowledge. Hopefully that's held true for your visit!
3. See my review above as to what Diamond upgrades were for my stay... If that's important to you, I'd put notes in the reservation asking for a high floor suite. I don't think either is really the "better" wing but the Ruby is all suites, whereas the other is suites and rooms. Either way, if a pre-upgrade doesn't show up in the app, perhaps call a couple hours before check-in and ask what kind of room they have you in / did they get the upgrade request, etc.? Can't hurt to take multiple swings at bat so you don't have only the front desk ask-opportunity and that's it. I mean, I don't usually do that, but... have once or twice when I was angling for a room feature I needed. (aka, my wife wants a bathtub)