FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:00 am
Tedgrrrr

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by bgriff
In theory both should be eligible for first class SDC. It's often a fight with agents to get first class SDC on cert-upgraded bookings, but the app SDC function appears to work correctly for at least some of these bookings, so that's probably the best place to start if it works for your trip. Would appreciate if you can report back your experience after travel on this thread (which also has some more info about what to say to agents if you can't use the app for your change and need to debate the rules with someone): SDC while using Regional Upgrade Certificates (RUC) Definitive Thread
thanks and will do - I haven’t had issues in a long time with SDC on RUCs except for the one time where I asked to be transferred to the reissue desk right away and the lady had no clue how these worked. I generally like adding a connection on my transcons - JFK to BOS to LAX or BOS to SEA to LAX etc so I usually have to call in because app only lets me choose non stop if that was original ticket.

I don’t think I will SDC this one but will report back if I do