FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA}
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:27 pm
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Here for three nights. Arrived very early Monday morning, at 9 AM. The guy at the reception said he had a room for me right away - great after two long flights (MAD-MEX-GRU) and then a long drive to the hotel. When I asked him if he had an upgraded room he said I would get the room I had booked. At that point I figured out that they had missed my Diamond status for some reason....and when he saw my status he started looking for upgraded rooms on the computer screen. He said I could get a room on the executive floor OR a premium bridge view room right away, OR wait till something nicer became available later in the afternoon. The premium bridge view rooms looks way nicer than the executive rooms, so I opted for that. Then he issued me the room keys, and informed me about the executive lounge, which have evening drinks and snacks, and that the breakfast was served in the main restaurant until 1030 - and then he said I should go and enjoy the breakfast before going to my room, so I did that. That was really appreciated!

The "premium bridge view room" on the 11th floor is spacious and comfortable. - and the view is nice. They say that these rooms were renovated, but that renovation must have been done somewhere in the mid 2000s? Every bathroom fixture is loose. The wardrobe doors wont close.... and the door to the room slams every time someone in the corridor open or close their room door. Large working desk, a comfortable chair with a coffeetable and a sofa with a table. It's great to have several seating options. European 220 V plugs are provided. So is an empty frigde. Separate shower and bathtub. No glasses though - I don't get where they get this idea from? I find it annoying to leave my toothbrush on the sink, so I brought a glass down from the lounge. Hidden deep in the tv-cabinet was tea and instant coffee making facilities

The lounge offerings are similar to what you'll find in lounges in the US foodwise - some (very) green salads, some fried tasteless stuff and some bland soup, a far cry from the typical lounges in Europe, and even further away from the offerings in Asia. Nothing tasty and nothing substantial. On all three evenings I found the stuff to be quite inedible - and I am not picky at all! But a very few patrons touched the food. The selection of drinks were good though, but not as good as the report form 2016 (link earlier in this thread), but still had gin, vodka and whiskey. Wine, beer and sparkling wine is offered as well. Food and alcohol is selfservice, and is offered from 17:30-19:30. The lounge is open from 14:00-21:00 - for coffee, juices and soft drinks.

Pool is open til 21:00. It is very shallow though, maximum depth is 1,20 m. Breakfast is served till 10:30 in the main restaurant, just off the lobby. The offerings aren't extensive, but I found the breakfast to be tasty and nice. Great waiters as well! Coffee is served to your table. There is an omelette station. This restaurant also has an outdoor pation, and is open till early evenings. There is a bar on the 2nd floor, but I feels very generic and "cold".

Service range from poor to great. Some staff members does not command basic English. Service Express don't always pick up the phone. Housekeeping "forgets" to service the room. And some stuff just get lost in translation. Having said that - I would rate the service here as pretty average.

Location - the hotel is situated on top of a small shopping mall - nothing interesting, but you'll find an Carrefour Express (which is handy), a Havaianas shop, banks (with ATMs), some random stores, and some cafees and fast food outlets. As for anywhere in Sao Paulo - Uber is easily available and inexpensive. Morumbi Shopping is less than 2 km away from the hotel and has 400 stores, ranging from Gucci and LV, to Zara and HM, to Brazilian brands Osklen and Havaianas, gourmetmarket Santa Maria and Brazilian chocolatier Dengo. A wide range of fastfood outlets, restaurants and cafees are also to be found here.....and a Starbucks with a nice outdoor patio.

All in all a comfortable hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Last edited by skrosvik; Feb 23, 2022 at 6:42 pm