FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:12 am
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Angry

Originally Posted by whooperatw
I saw the thread and merge, but can add a data point again this seems to be the case. During a schedule change I called in to request a routing change, but also having checked for availability. The agent clearly made the comment no problem, and I see availability so the upgrade is OK. Since then a few more changes have occurred, including a type change on the international leg, but as long as you take the auto rebook it has stayed in OY. My saving grace was having approximately 4 hour connections of late, so if there are changes they typically didn't hose my connection and so could take the auto rebook. Regardless, this policy is certainly a negative for GUC holders. Perhaps if one keeps pushing you can still find an agent, but the interpretation of "Voluntary" may be the key. Calling in and asking is perhaps the voluntary change.
Of course, on the other side when I initiated a change for ICN, not only did I need upgrade inventory but then had to pay fare difference for PS.
I found upgrade inventory on my preferred dates that was not available prior to 2/1/22. The only saving grace was that the PS fare for those days did not jump as much as other days.