FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:29 am
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by dave456
I have a booking for LGA > BOS > TLV and return in mid-June with GUC's successfully applied (confirmed) to Delta One pre-Feb 1. I have not received the official email notification yet, but looks like Delta changed the return TLV > BOS flight schedule from Sunday to Monday this past weekend. So the itinerary now shows a Monday departure with a misconnect in Boston (still on a Sunday flight). Seeing some of the earlier conversation, what are the chances Delta will give me a hard time to move to the Sunday TLV > JFK flight in Delta One? Confirmed Delta One upgrade space isn't available on this flight so it would have to be overridden (although there are plenty of seats). Has anyone been able to successfully change flights based on involuntary schedule changes recently? I don't want to take an additional day (Monday) off work. The timing of the JFK > TLV flight isn't ideal, it leaves at 11:55pm and arrives 4:50am. But at least it doesn't interrupt the Monday workday and hopefully gets me back to the city before the morning rush hour. Would have much preferred the Boston connection on Sunday.

Dave
I am using an iPad so not so simple to search, but I started a new thread that was moved here then someone post the conversation that is most relevant to this situation. This has nothing to do with 2/1/22, but at some point in 2021 DL shaped a policy that insists one can only keep a D1 upgrade if there is inventory on the alternative flight even if DL and not the passenger initiates the change. I went through this 4 weekends in a row including last weekend with 5 international tickets.