FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:28 pm
Doppy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like this property and stayed here for a second time recently. Booked through Hyatt Prive, which had a fourth night free offer, in addition to the welcome amenity and S$130 property credit. I would have received breakfast free as a Globalist anyway.

Booked a King Deluxe City View and received an upgrade to a King Deluxe Bay View -> presumably this was the Prive confirmed upgrade. No further upgrade offered at check-in; I looked online and a studio suite was the only thing available, but all of the suites as this property are listed as "premium" and presumably unavailable for Globalists/TSUs?

As I was arriving on an early morning VTL flight, it was required that I have a hotel room waiting for me immediately to isolate while waiting for the results - the hotel confirmed a week in advance that they'd let me check in early - it was ~9am. That was great and saved me a paid night.

The rooms are still in good condition, and I like the finishings. The bathrooms/closets can be a bit of a maze.

The hotel really should have installed HVAC systems in the rooms with a dehumidify function, which is very standard in many apartments in such a hot and humid city. Otherwise you have to use the AC to knock down the humidity, but at the cost of it being quite cold in the room. The bathroom was rather musty the whole time.

Staff were friendly and accommodating, but training and service standards seem to be rather low. It's also annoying that the staff at the F&B outlets are told to make a spiel about writing a TripAdvisor review every time you pay your check. Does anyone even use TripAdvisor anymore - it's full of garbage now because of all of this gaming of the system.

At check-in they told me the Prive credit could be used anywhere except the lobby bar, which sounded odd. I asked another front desk agent later in the stay and was told that it was "probably" OK. I didn't have any problem getting the credit applied to the charge at check-out.

About 12 hours after I checked in, I still hadn't received my Prive welcome amenity, so I called down to see what it was. A short while later they delivered a box with a handwritten note and an extra set of toiletries. Even the maid was confused by that one - the next day she moved all of the toiletries from the special box on the bedroom table and lined them up in the bathroom with all of the other toiletries. I was expecting a bottle of wine or a desert or something along those lines; I've never heard of a welcome amenity being more of toiletries that are already freely available in unlimited quantities.

The hotel free minibar seems to have declined since my last stay. I recall there being a handful of beers in there, in addition to soda and juice. Now it's only soda and juice. There was also a KitKat bar that was replaced once in three days.

Breakfast is served a la carte from a small/medium-sized menu. Food is good quality, but I feel like the quality was better in the pre-COVID buffet days.

Overall I like the design and location and would stay here again.