FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:51 pm
dave456

Originally Posted by vivrant
Status and what were you upgraded to?
If you have suggestions on what tower / floor / direction I should specifically request, I’d appreciate that. I am Titanium and staying three nights second week of March.
Breakfast better in the club lounge or restaurant?
Anything nearby walking you highly recommend?
Thanks!
I just returned from a four night stay for a President's Day long weekend. Very inexpensive rate ($70-$87 a night) for a weekend long stay rate. I used a Suite Night Award and was upgraded to a Corner Suite. I might have been upgraded without it, nonetheless, I had expiring Suite Nights to burn. The Corner Suite had a full view of the Angel de la Independencia statue itself, but not much surrounding it as it was in the rear of the building with a side view towards the statue. Nonetheless, I found the room just fine. It wasn't large and wasn't two separate rooms, but there was a separate living area with its own TV, chair, and sofa. Furnishings are the classic Sheraton style and not the most modern. Only minor complaint was the shower. The water wasn't as hot as I'd like it about one third of the time. The shower head also tended to soak much of the bathroom regardless of what I did with the curtain. They had refillable dispensers for soap and shampoo. While I don't remember the brand, it was much improved over the old Sheraton amenities and I'd take them any day over what they used to offer in the disposable bottles.

Club Lounge was open. Staff was serving the food from behind glass partitions due to Covid procedures. Both evening snacks and breakfast were good. I didn't make a meal of the evening snack. I probably could of, but coming to CDMX for lounge food is a waste. Complementary wine and beer (Corona only) were served through 8:30pm. Service overall was quite good. They do give you a $0 check to sign and add your room number to at the end of both breakfast and the evening snack. I added a few dollars tip each time.

My choice for this visit was between the Hilton Reforma and the Sheraton. In the end I mixed the Sheraton because it was about $200 less for the entire stay. I'd say the Hilton Reforma is a bit newer and slightly nicer. While they are both in a good location, I'd say the Sheraton is more convenient as it's central to almost every place you would want to visit. The Marriott Reforma is across the street, but I didn't like the reviews that mentioned most rooms have no view at all, and it sounds like upgrades are currently non-existent. When I return, I'll probably stay at the Sheraton again (or alternatively the Hilton). Great service, great location.

Sorry did not take any pictures.

Also, if you are visiting soon, while everything in open in Mexico City, there are still very noticeable covid procedures. Masking indoors of course. I also found almost all locals wearing masks outdoors. Many places (including the hotel) have temperature checks - although at the hotel they usually didn't enforce. There was even one place where I was sprayed down with disinfectant. Many establishments have some sort of shoe disinfection mat. Masks I understand but it doesn't seem like they got the message that Covid doesn't spread on surfaces. Nor are temperature checks all that effective.

Nonetheless, most everything was open including restaurants and bars.

Dave

Last edited by dave456; Feb 21, 2022 at 4:00 pm