FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2022 edition
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:47 am
bhbloke

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I'm a bit confused with this situation, as I'm not sure who is the DYKWIA here.

After escaping from the hell of MAN on the short hop back to LCY last weekend, fairly lightly loaded Club Europe, and fairly healthy load in ET.

I was sat in 2D (obviously, best seat in the house) and there was a guy in 1A, a chap behind me in 3C and then a guy in 4B. Prior to landing the crew made the announcement about staying seated when we had parked and they'd announce the rows to disembark. During the taxi the announcement/reminder was made again. And as we were doing the LCY spin into the parking spot a further quick reminder to stay seated following parking and await the row calling.

The second we'd stopped, and seat belt signs were off the fella in 4A was up, over head open putting on his coat and grabbing his bags. A further polite reminder over the PA did nothing to deter him and eventually a verbal reminder by the CC after walking up to him saw him sit down again.

When it was announced that rows 1-8 could now disembark, chap in 4A desperately tried to fly forwards but had his path blocked by myself and the chap in 1A. I may have taken slightly longer than necessary to put on my coat before descending onto the windy LCY apron, whilst the now-former occupant of 4A was huffing and puffing (desperate to get off and clamber onto the bus that would take all pax along to domestic arrivals) having managed to elbow his way past 3C who was trying to put on his coat whilst doubled up under the overheads as the aisle was blocked by 4A.