FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:26 pm
rice4u

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by anabolism
When booking award tickets, flexibility is the key; having fixed date requirements can be extremely frustrating. QR might open up more space when it gets close to the flight dates, or they might not. You might need to decide what is more important: flying QR in Qsuite or using award miles. If you really want to fly QR in Qsuite, you might need to buy a ticket. If you really want to use miles for an award, you might need to fly other airlines.

If you do buy a ticket, QR is currently offering a generous policy allowing the option of cancelling for a full refund, even normally non-refundable discount fares. So if you did buy a ticket and subsequently award space opened up, you could cancel for a full refund.
Appreciated for the advices guys. So I end up moving my hotel reservations 1 day to the right and able to book 2 QSuites from YUL—>DOH—>MLE. I booked mine using 70 AA miles and the wife with 85k Alaska (end up buying additional 5k for ~118$) +100 tax. I thought this was pretty good deal since each ticket was 3500$ . Again, thanks for the advice about flexibility