FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:48 am
Visconti

Originally Posted by naumank
Is there such a thing as preregistration for the Centurion Lounge before I arrive at the airport? I remember seeing it somewhere but I can’t find this feature in the Amex app.
Ah, you can do what they call "check in on your" App, which will spare you having to show your Amex card and can enter with only your ID & BP. This however does not allow you an earlier place in the queue if there's a waiting list--your place in line, assuming there is one, will still be when you physically arrive at the entrance.

I've tried the App check in a few times and had a problem once. After that, I've stopped and will just use my physical card now.

Originally Posted by ccna101
I stop by just before the yearend twice, the food IMO is not that good, I did not take any picture but I can assure you, JFK/DIA are much, much better CL in freshness, presentation and taste ( and they had showers ).
It's been this way for quite some time now and I'd imagine most local SFO flyers would agree with you. "Not that good" is being kind and I'd have put it much less delicately. It's been some time since I've been to this CL, but I can imagine the food has 1) only gotten worse, and 2) it's still chicken.

These CLs run by a third party outfit like Sodexo or something? If it were Amex, they should fire whoever is in charge of the food or its prep here.

Last edited by Visconti; Feb 20, 2022 at 10:59 am Reason: added multi-quote