FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Kensington [Master Thread]
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:14 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Restaurant is pretty pitiful imo (for dinner). Do not plan on this being acceptable other than in a pinch.
Breakfast is not included in the restaurant for Elites... apparently one must have it in the lounge.

Base rooms are absurdly small. Smaller than the estimated 22 sq m they claim on the website. There is 18" from the base of the bed to the wall to walk through. 18" means one must turn sideways or scrunch. Thank goodness they blocked out a larger room for me tomorrow. Window in base room is old... single pane. You can hear the wind coming in and cars on the street.

Gym is super large but one cannot access it from inside the hotel. You have to walk outside in gym attire in the freezing cold to get to it. Admittedly it's close, but still it's annoying.

All in all day 1 of my stay quite underwhelming.

Exec lounge is a joke. It's now in a "closet" style room, no window. You can sit in a dark windowless room with 30 of your closest covid friends, not wearing masks. Even sans covid, this room would be depressing.

Luckily got upgraded to a much larger room (Superior Executive Room) for the remaining days of my stay. Made the stay worthwhile as it's a nice large quiet room. If you can get this level of room, I'd recommend the hotel even with the issues above. But if you are booking the base room and get it, that, coupled with the issues above make this hotel a no go for me.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Mar 13, 2022 at 2:40 pm