FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:19 pm
Raralith

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You can upgrade yourself plus one companion using complimentary 500-mi upgrades (as a PLT Pro). You would need to burn stickers for the companion if it cleared. In order to do this you will need to split the PNR into 2+3, so whoever the other 3 pax are on the separate PNR would definitely not get complimentary bags, if that's a concern.
Thanks for the info! Specifically on the upgrade:

1. If I went down the +1 companion using 500-mile upgrade path, and I end up not being able to go, will the upgrade still go through for the +1 companion? I was thinking my oldest can sit in F (12 years old) while my wife and 2 younger (youngest is toddler) will sit in a row of MCE by themselves.
2. Silly question but can I do +4 companions if I'm willing to burn through 40x 500-mile upgrades and there are seats come T-72?
3. If I am able to go and upgrades happen, can I ask GA or FA that my wife take my place in F so she can sit up with the toddler while I'm in MCE with the older two?