FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:11 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by rice4u
I'm looking for 2 biz to the Maldives 3rd week of Aug 2022. I have little over 70k AA, 70k Alaska mileage, 100k Citi TYP, 94k VS, 235k Amex MR. Wife also has 70k Alaska mileage, 90k TYP, & over 250k MR and she just approved for citi aa biz for the 65k sub. I been using AA for award search, but none Qsuite nada, only BA, EK & Royal Jordanian. My questions to y'all that are more experienced, how should I best go about securing 2 QSuite 1-way to MLE for what we currently have. Can depart anywhere from the U.S.
A one-way in business from the US to MLE will be 70k AA miles, so you're going to have to book 2 separate awards from each of your accounts (assuming your wife can get the 65k SUB + 5k more).

Start your search for just one person, then expand to two if you find anything.

Search every QR gateway in the US to just DOH, if you find anything then search the DOH-MLE segment. Be prepared to take a voluntary downgrade to coach on one segment, then just keep checking back to see if business opens up.

At the end of the day if award availability isn't there it isn't there, you could have millions of AA miles and it wouldn't make any difference.