FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Economy Fare as of 2017 (also AY, BA, IB), incl. elite benefits (Master thread)
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:07 pm
vasantn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by JBauer
So I got this response from my Concierge Key rep. Think it holds weight if I book?

“Again, I am sorry for the delay in an answer, but I did want to get it right. From what I was told by reservations, as a status member, you may request an upgrade for all parties as long as they are booked in one PNR. If the records are booked separately or divided for any reason, you would not be able to. I hope that helps.”
Assuming you have the upgrade instruments (SWUs or miles), you can request upgrades for all your companions. IMO you should be able to do it even if they are not on the same PNR. Under the first scenario, you will not get upgraded unless enough seats are released into C inventory simultaneously to upgrade all of you together.

I would split the PNRs and grab upgrades one at a time as the inventory is released. This can be done using ExpertFlyer and calling in when a seat becomes available.