FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:13 pm
HKG_Flyer1

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Centurion
I just want to add in hope that someone at Amex reads this thread. Centurion is so out touch with their customer base and the current system does not work for their customers. I feel dumb paying the annual fee when I can get better benefits with other cards. I have been told changes are coming and hang in there but when changes are some stupid leather band with RFID NFC I feel stupid that I let a company like Amex try something they tried long ago that failed. Yep the RFID NFC was done with key chain dongles and Amex gave up. I wonder if Amex keeps a history book of failures so they can say we spent X millions on this and it failed.
Agree 100%. That leather band deal was extremely bizarre-- it really feels like they don't have a clue. Another recent fiasco was the free night at the Four Seasons... I called as soon as i receive the offer only to be put on hold for 20 minutes, then told that it was only for a narrow room category and that all of the rooms had already been booked for the entire duration of the promotion. They seem unable to execute anything-- I am now on a lengthy hold trying to get a rep for a routine request, this is now a common occurence.

I've had the Centurion Card for roughly 20 years and it seems like each year brings an additional erosion of benefits. It was awesome in the beginning-- I guess I'm holding now thinking that things will get better. I share your feeling of feeling dumb paying the annual fee and again, the RFID NFC thing was totally bonkers--- I remember opening the box and thinking ...???

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; Feb 17, 2022 at 5:22 pm