FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Guild Hotel, Tribute Portfolio - San Diego [Master Thread]
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:00 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I stayed in what I believe was the Master junior suite on the second floor. Not much to say except I found the layout to be good for a fairly small space, bathroom was nice, only issue is there's at least 4 or 5 windows that need shades closed if you plan to bathe or walk around el natural. Might not be an issue if you're on a higher floor.
I’m presently staying here with the destination fee. It’s $30, but you get a lot of bang for the buck. It includes self-parking at the car park around the corner and a daily $25 F&B voucher. Already, unlike a certain Le Meridien property in downtown Chicago, the fee is justified.

Still, there are other features including 2 tickets to the SD Museum of Art, comp coffee, comp local and domestic calls, comp Wi-Fi, a 24/7 fitness centre and comp bike rentals. There are some caveats, the big one being full in/out self parking privileges are $15/daily. They will grant you one exit pass, but I’m not sure if they do that daily. I found a spot on the street, and used my handicapped placard, so I didn’t use the car park. However, the destination fee seems to offer a great value (for the moment).

That aside… no upgrade, but I was greeted with a bottle of Evian and a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. I quoted the above post because I was also greeted by a naked couple across the way from me, so I sat with a bag of popcorn I brought with me from Chicago. Great show, but yeah… pull your shades down if you’re planning to have sex, but that should’ve been obvious advice. *shrug*

My room is big, but sparse. Aside from toiletries, all of the typical amenities of a hotel room are on demand including the mini fridge and alarm clock. What a relief to be in a room without something bright that’s flashing the wrong time.

I’d stay here again even if there weren’t a sex show across the way.