FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:10 am
EGW1

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by escape4
WA is a notch above Kempinski Sindhorn, but that said Kempinski is nonetheless one of the better hotels in the city in my opinion. The issue is comparing to WA which is world class...

Most comparable room types at Kempinski are larger than at WA so the price per sq meter is below, which is fair since WA is a more luxurious hotel.

Also you are right that views are nothing special at Kempinski, but at WA many rooms do not have views either, or some do but low floors with noise problems which is less of a problem at Kempinski.
Indeed … I must say that the Kempinski manager was very gracious for my admittedly difficult to please preferences. I also agree that WA has some less than impressive city views and lacks suitable noise isolation for my ears in forward rooms. Since I have been at the WA for 5 nights or so and extended my stay in Bangkok, I think I will move to the StR for a few nights to wrap up this trip to Thailand. I am overall more impressed with WA than I previously remember. I did manage to have a few lunches at Park Hyatt and enjoyed those very much, although I have encountered so many issues with PH rooms in the past that I would not return. Back on topic, the WA is still a stellar hotel, and my preference in the city/CBD (as opposed to the river) would be WA or StR … my overall preference in Bangkok will always be Mandarin Oriental. I’d recommend WA to anyone.