FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:41 pm
doctor15

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Just completed a 2 night stay here on points. Overall it was excellent stay and would recommend if you're looking to splurge or have points to burn.

Butler immediately reached out when I booked to ask about our plans, and helped us book spa appointments etc.

I did not rent a car, so we took an Uber there from San Juan (< $40 before tip). When we arrived at 2pm, our room was ready. I asked about an upgrade and they moved us to a large suite with 2ba and pool view (not sure what room type).

The facilities were amazing. More then enough activities to do, and we really enjoyed wondering around the 2 mile beach and nature trails. The nature trails were a bit tricky to find however, even with the map they provided. They also offered an ecological tour of the property, which I would highly recommend. The butler seemed light on the details, but eventually was able to book this for us the next day. We ended getting a private tour from a marine biologist who helped plan the property. She showed us local vegetation, animals, and all the work they have been doing to minimize environmental impact of the property. I also took advantage of the Kayaks which were included in resort fee.

Food was the lowlight IMO, with the exception of breakfast. Since we didn't have a car and were only there 2 days, we ate all meals on the property. PLT Breakfast was a *large* continental buffet spread at Seagrapes. You could also upgrade to the full buffet and cooked to order eggs for $9. The first day we did the full breakfast before we noticed how large the continental spread was. The second day we were planning to just do continental, but for some reason they were offering Mimosas with the full breakfast so we did that. Lunch at Seagrapes was fine but limited choices and obviously expensive. Mostly pizza, a few fish entrees, and a burger. We did dinner at Beach Club one night, and Paros the other. Paros was my favorite, although I would have preferred a more casual atmosphere, and didn't necessarily need to come Puerto Rico for average greek food . We tried the fried snapper at the Beach Club re: recommendation from previous posts, and definitely found that to be an experience. The cocktails at the Beach Club were also great. I wasn't super impressed by the cocktails at the St Regis, but they did have local Ocean Lab beer which was excellent. Overall the food was fine for two days, but definitely added up to a hefty bill and easy to get bored of. This would keep me from staying there for more then 2-3 days without a car.

They wouldn't offer late checkout, but we were able to use the showers at the spa so we could enjoy the pool most of the day on checkout. Note that you do need to call the spa in advance to make an appointment. I had planned to Uber back to San Juan, and had seen that there were drivers available every time I checked. However it would cancel as soon as I actually requested the ride, and the staff told me Uber drivers will rarely come, despite what the app shows. We ended up asking them to call a Taxi which took 30 minutes to come and cost $80 + tip. I would recommend just asking the front desk to schedule a Taxi for you in advance and not rolling the dice with Uber.