FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed—parents denied boarding LHR/proof of vaccine
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:58 pm
Lefly

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It's very difficult to prepare someone else for international travel these days, especially parents/older relatives. It's a problem also regarding communication on the base of the basic info anyone has.
One could say "you need proof of vaccination, do you have the documents?" - thinking of official certificates with QR codes et similar - and the other answers "Oh, yes, of course I have" while thinking of his/her not really valid paper vaccination card.

One example regarding helping others with travel docs.
I had to prepare my mother for her first intercontinental trip in two years (and it has been no joy ride). I checked every requirement and filled for her every form needed for the trip, sent a copy in her email, downloaded the PDFs on her phone and sent her to print all.

She calls me from the check-in desk, quite upset, because they would not let check-in and travel since they required a document she did not have, and she could not fill it online on the spot.

Guess what?

She DID have the document because I prepared it with her the day before and repeated three times what she would need to show at the check-in desk. But did she call me right away when the problem occurred? No, she went ahead to try to fill a form she already had, and become more upset because she could not do it. All because it was early morning and she didn't want to bother me.

She got an earful...