FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:43 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Skeet100
Right now I have my choice of any of the first class seats on an A319. It is the version with 3 rows in first. I am currently in row three. My thinking was that even if it reclines less, I can recline without bothering anyone behind me. But- I can switch to any of the seats. Should I switch? There are two of us flying together and we are not frequent travelers but this is a special trip for us and we decided to splurge a bit on F seating for the return trip home.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Skeet100 !

Depending on how long the flight is and whether a meal is served, you may want to move forward in the cabin so that you (hopefully) get your first choice. Note that meal choice is prioritized by UA elite status so GS and 1Ks can and usually get their first choice. That being said, what United is serving in United First domestically isn't the greatest food.

Also, if you are tall, moving up to Row 1 may have an impact on your leg comfort since the bulkhead is right there.

David