FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (from January 2022 onwards)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:16 pm
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
You need to have the minimum points + pay balance in your account… so something like 40 per cent of the miles. If you have more than 40 per cent of the award, they will use whatever balance you have and calculate the remaining $$ required. If you wish to use a different amount of miles you should specify that in the email (so say you had 50% of the miles available, but only wanted to use 40% you should specify that).

Their ‘special team’ will send you an email confirmation and then call you for payment. Can’t be done online.

In terms of holding the award… you’re probably ok for around 36-48 hours. Any longer than that it could auto cancel. They will normally call you within 24 hrs, but if you miss their call you have another 12-24 hours to call them back. (Could be longer but I wouldn’t want to risk it for partner awards.)
Thanks. Do you know what number they will call from? I usually don't pick up calls not in my contacts.