FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:49 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
How does DL prioritize meals in F / DeltaOne? This is a big issue in the UA and AS forums where we find both airlines only stock a limited number of each choice and AS even runs out of choices based on pre-orders. UA is supposed to prioritize for 1Ks but even then you can be shut out if your choice is popular. I will not be happy if I am stuck with kale salad or a chicken salad sandwich.

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Just finished a 6 segment trip in F. Mostly the same cold box choices we have been seeing over the past few months. Just posting a datapoint in case anyone is interested:

ANC-MSP: Prosciutto sandwich, chicken salad sandwich, or ancient grain box. I chose the prosciutto sandwich and it came with chips and a cookie. The sandwich itself was tasty, but still overall too much bread compared to meat/cheese ratio. Attentive FAs, seemed to be offering refills frequently, but I fortunately fell asleep soon after eating and slept all the way until the 10,000 ft ding descending into MSP!
ATL-MSP: Smoked salmon salad, turkey sandwich, or teriyaki grain bowl. I tried the salmon salad, and while it was tasty, I struggle to actually call it a "salad." It was a very small portion of salmon, an even smaller portion of lettuce, but tons of tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, and potatoes. Oh, and there was half a boiled egg in there too. Overall just a hodgepodge of small bites. The best thing about the box was the pumpkin bread. Very unmotivated ATL based FAs. The flight leader looked at my seat mate and myself and said "You guys want lunch?" No refills offered despite intentionally displaying my empty cup prominently.
Do the sandwiches and salads come with condiments and dressings on the side? One of my pet peeves are pre-made items that already have mayo or "aoili" slathered on the bread. Ditto for creamy salad dressings. None of these work for my digestion.

Originally Posted by basecamp
Feb 3.
Delta 910 8:28pm
Choice of Mezze with veggies, kale chicken salad, or this Salmon with Quinoa/veggies and I think a tzatziki sauce. It was cold, but very tasty and good quantity. The little brownie was good and the crackers were good too.
Further to my last comment, it looks like the tzatziki sauce is on the side of the plate and not slathered on top of the salmon, which is a plus. That looks like the ideal meal for me!

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Started this month, the new Delta One menu card..QR code leads to more detailed descriptions of the soup, salad, and drinks selection…the two other pre-order-only main course items are not listed here (since they are not available to order on board) but are still available for pre-order up to 24 hours before the flight).
That looks like an international menu - I gather it does not reflect what is currently offered for DeltaOne domestic flights?

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Has anyone heard if the return of hot meals next month in domestic F will also see a return of preordering?
Do we have any clue on the hot meal menu? Are the QR codes on the DL website?