FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:23 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I doubt it's the majority, but I get your point. I'm not sure that was even the main driver to this change. Anyway, all my point was that it isn't that easy for many people to just switch to Hyatt due to how much more difficult it is to earn their status, whether that be due to credit card or footprint.
I think the credit card and ease of getting status at Hilton was the main driver to this change.

This change is only taking place in US where Hilton gives out status like water. They don't give out status overseas and they aren't making the changes at any of the overseas hotel and hope it stays this way. But the hospitality industry operates a lot different overseas as well, airport lounges and hotel exec lounges are a lot nicer if I fly Airfrance or KLM on a 90 minute intraeurope flight sometimes the hard product is better than flying domestic first on a cross country four and a half hour domestic First class flight in the US.

Hyatt has made no changes at all to their program or benefit other than cutting back on housekeeping and if you have globalist status they will still offer daily housekeeping for free. I have heard Marriott is cutting back on some of their hotels though but nothing like Hilton.

At properties where there is a Starbucks that the credit can be used at has anyone tried doing a do a starbucks app reload and doing it as a room charge for the credit?

I know you can do a starbucks app reload and charge to a credit card but not sure if they allowed room charges? I have a stay coming up at the Hawaiian Village Resort soon and see there is a starbucks you can use at it. I probably won't use the food credit unless I use the pool and they have service there (I'm assuming no beach service) and no way can I use $36 a day at Starbucks and was thinking of just using the credit that way.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 10, 2022 at 10:12 am Reason: Consolidation.