FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:20 pm
Dcislander

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
This hotel is actually the combination of what was originally supposed to be multiple hotels/owner units. The development of the property was a financial mess. The end result is a mish-mosh of suites ranging from poorly configured rooms with odd entrances to units with fully equipped kitchens and washer/dryers and then a usually stylish Hyatt suite that you would expect. It's a huge range. Globalist here, and after 6 stays I've seen all of these via upgrade--never automatic ,always had to ask for one. I would rather have had the king room with ocean view balcony that I booked vs the low floor e/w view suite I received last trip. I was told that this was a standard suite, but I was told the same for the other suites... so who knows.

I was considering booking a family trip but all suites are listed as Max of 3 occupants. I was told by a rep that the 4 person rooms are 2x queens or the 1k/2Q 2 room bookings. Not sure why the suites are max 3 as they are spacious and can easily accommodate a roll away. Further up in the thread I think someone had said that he spoke with the hotel and they told him he could bring in a roll-away to accommodate 4.