FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't steal the linens! Supply chain issues...
Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:29 pm
The Road Goes On Forever

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
Two weeks in a row now at two different properties (Hampton, HGI) owner by the same franchisee. They're very close to each other.

Both hotels are completely out of hand towels and most bottled toiletries. Shampoo is readily available, no conditioner or lotion. These are the Neutrogena bottles that are ubiquitous amongst these brands.

The Hampton had no juices in the dispenser the first two mornings of my stay, but they returned on the third.

Front desk agent said they are "waiting on their shipment from Hilton to come in" and that the "stuff has been on backorder for a month".

Anyone else seeing similar issues?
FWIW, there is no waiting for a shipment to come in from Hilton since they do not supply things directly for properties. Almost everything comes from places like Sysco, AS Hospitality, American Hotel and Guest Supply.

At the Hampton I'm at there are currently no shortages that I'm aware for F&B items from Sysco. At times last year there were brief shortages for things like waffle batter but that comes from Heartland Waffles. Shipments for the Treat Shop from Coke in particular due to a lack of route drivers and for some of the snacks we carry are at times backlogged by several weeks to over a month. Linen has been a challenge now for well over a year. It went from '19 into early '20 having no occupancy so the owner nixed all purchases to now having plenty of occupancy but shortages for all things terry so when things are available you hoard and buy well over what you need knowing it may who knows how long until you see that item again.

Some of what they're telling you could just be skimping and going cheap but overall it sounds very real to what the times in the industry are like right now for supplies.