FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:40 am
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Oh that's annoying, I would have thought the ticket would just get split and each half of the ticket would retain the original pricing given that the prices do get presented to you in terms of per-leg pricing while booking, I wouldn't have expected a repricing in that scenario. There's no way to do it that doesn't involve repricing the YVR-LAX leg? ....
Shoert of UA cancelling the outbound. The repricing is standard policy and protects the airline pricing when the RT prices the segments different from OWs -- such as most TATL fares.

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Moot in this specific situation between the fact that I'm not willing to take a FFC instead of a Travel Bank refund...
For non-refundable tickets there is no refund (outside 24 hours of purchase) on a voluntary change, just future flight credit / FFC.