FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Use of Infant Car Seats in UA's Polaris Seats, UA says No but ....
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:20 pm
seakelp

Originally Posted by onthesam
Any other or recent experiences with FAs permitting (or not permitting) the use of seats in Polaris after takeoff and before landing?

What about in the 757-200?
​​​​​​
Wife and I traveled with our 14 month old from FRA to SFO in Polaris (777ER, I believe) and my wife was shocked when the flight attendants wouldn't let her put our kid in the car seat. Despite a lot of pleading, no dice. We had to hold him the entire flight. Not blaming the FAs at all, they are just doing their jobs, but it seems crazy to me that it's safer to hold an infant in the lap than use a car seat.

We didn't try asking for the option to use the seat during level flight, but in our return tomorrow I plan on asking about it.

What bothers me the most is the total lack of communication from United about this. They knew we were flying with an infant when we booked the ticket, but never said anything about the restrictions. We've flown on numerous carriers in business class and never experienced this issue. If we had been given advance information, we would have simply booked on another carrier.