FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:45 pm
kthpence

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Not sure these days have not been over since the Covid hit. The last time we were there as LFT T it was marginal having said that management here seems to ignore most of the recognition for FF. That and the lack of Marriott's enforcement dooms it for us. Now having said that the 650 might help you along. The Andaz is fantastic my company worked on the reflag construction it came out gorgeous. Much better property than the Marriott is
Certainly - I love the Andaz, and I actually enjoy the Marriott as well ... For me, it goes Andaz > Wailea Beach Resort > GW. I haven't stayed at the 4S, Fairmont, or Hotel Wailea so can't comment on those properties. I have enjoyed some really nice meals at Hotel Wailea and some good to great drinks at the 4S.

Chose to do 3 nights at the Marriott so I can burn some Bonvoy points before the devaluation. 200k points for 3 nights in a $1400/night room seems like a solid redemption. Don't know anyone in their right frame of mind that would ever pay to stay at the Marriott though.