FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:19 pm
kthpence

I've stayed here a few times in the past, and I have an upcoming stay for 3 nights on Easter Weekend (Friday - Monday). As a plat, should I proactively book the room I want (i.e. I can book a partial ocean view room for 200k points + $650), or should I hope for an upgrade upon arrival to a nice room than the base garden view ? I really don't want to be stuck in the tower, but I think a garden view in the Hales would be sufficient for our stay (I'm not even sure if that category room is in the Hales as all of those rooms seem to have at least partial ocean views).

Just not sure I want to spend the $650 if I don't have to. I know it's a busy weekend, but interestingly almost every single room is available that weekend currently.

Excited to be back at this hotel - the adult pool is really spectacular - only bummer is getting pool chairs - last time I was there though I saw they added some chairs on the lawn below the adult pool, which is definitely an improvement.