FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lisbon/Portugal Entry Requirements
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:36 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tack
TBIT at LAX has a Clarity Mobile Lab that provides a 1hr Antigen pre-flight test. Just wondering if anyone had used that service before flying BA to LHR and beyond. And if so, how was it? Timely and excepted? Final destination is OPO. With my work schedule this week it’d be really convenient to do it before check in. Thanks!
Today Portugal dropped the requirement to test before departure provided you have an approved digital vaccination certificate, such as the EU or NHS vaccine certificates. Not sure if the California equivalent is in the system. However in doing this, Portugal also tightened up the timelines, so you need an antigen certificate wtihin 24 hours of boarding rather than the previous 48 hours, and frankly it's a lot cheaper and much easier to do this in London as a result. PCR remains 72 hours. Antigen tests need to be EU approved, though I somewhat doubt anyone is checking the inventory. If Clarity are using the BD Veritor Plus device, the most common one in use in the USA then that is approved, bottom of page 16 in the current inventory. But as I say, it's probably best not to overthink the equipment, they check the time and date.