FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Won’t Open to World Until Mid-2022, Lam Aide Says
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:55 pm
Topcare

Originally Posted by Visconti
It is indeed very sad. On some levels, I think I'm still in denial that all of this is actually happening to HK, and it's hard for me to get over that I had taken for granted that HK would enjoy, more or less, self-governance until 2047. And, to see what's happening to CX, through no fault of its own, is equally tragic as we're witnessing a once great Airline reduced to whatever it may be from the rubble.

I didn't realize it then, but my biggest regret was "out of an abundance of caution" not taking that final trip to HK in 2020. If I could have a do over, I'd definitely should've ignored "them," and just said "f*ck'em," and just gone with my instincts--it would have been infinitely preferable with this where I have to live with regrets.
yup. China saw the pandemic as the opportunity it needed. And the world was too busy dealing with their own problems to care. Agreed. Sad to see CX on its deathbed. Most of my relatives have now left. Some who now regret not having left sooner.