FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2022-24)
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:59 am
jn in ca

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jeffeverde
The faint ink of the MG MO's wasn't cause by some inherent flaw in the MO's; it was because the printers were poorly maintained. The veteran CSR's at my local WM used to complain that they'd call MG about it, but MG wouldn't supplies. The WU MO's may have the same ghost print 6 months down the road
Exact same here. I had one particular WM with really faint ink, and finally I started mentioning it when I'd buy a MO. The staff would tell me they'd put in an order for new a new ink ribbon but it would not get fulfilled. We'll see if WU is any better.

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
"Drug dealers don't by MO's with VGC's, they use cash" - In fact, VGC's are an ideal way to hide cash transactions because they can be purchased with cash, purchases made with them are not subject to the BSA restrictions on cash, and they can be used pretty much anywhere.

(and yes, I did work in banking for many years)
That is one part I do know. This is the reason why gift cards say redeemable anywhere Visa is accepted in the US. In the old days VGCs did not have that US only limitation and money launderers would buy stacks of VGCs with US currency and then liquidate them overseas, so the good only in the US limitation was added.