FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Jerusalem [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2004, 6:09 pm
craz
Suspended

the 4000 pts for 2 rooms will only be for weekend nights at this hotel that means Fri/sat nights. Otherwise its 3000 per room or 6000 for 2.

I saw a suite didnt stay in it had a maid show it to me. It was at the end of the hallway a left turn off the el on the SPG floor. The one on the left was privately owned as are most. The one on the left wasnt. There was a bedroom that had a reg door to it , so Id assume you could lock it. The main room I remeber some sort of kitchenete area, living room and dining table. Not bad. Would take it as an up but I would pay $$$ for it. They are suppose to have a Presidental suite on the top floor along with other type of suites. I never saw them for myself.
keep in mind that there is NO FREE Breakfast on an award stay its 100 Shekels around $25 per person. But right around the corner is a SuperSol (supermkt) where you can get everything you need. theres a fridge in the room as well- mini bar I emptied it and used it, then replaced the items beforeI left. someone told me its now a newer type where you are charged once its removed- no confirmation of that thou.
the rooms are small as they are in Europe but a roll away can be put in as friends have done but that will take away any of your privacy. Im usually alone while there and find the rooms OK for just me alone. Alot of people I know have the roll away brought in. i guess ii depends on the # of pts you wish to use or have.
also there isnt any lounge where you can get free drinks or snacks or use a computer. his hotel has an outdoor pool and thats about it. i usually stay on the other side of town away from it all at the Renaissance since its usually less than $100 a night with Bkfst while the Sher is around $160. The Ren has an indoor/outdoor pools /ot tub/ sauna/ steam room. sort of a gym old stuff but it works.free parking The Sher is $5 a day. plus to friends homes where I need to walk to a couple of times during my stay its over an hour to the Sher.
The best hotel is Davids Citadal (previous Hilton) a real 6 star or the King David.