FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:09 pm
Cerberus

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just got back from spending my 15d trip at this hotel. Here's my experiences, and fwiw -- I'm Marriott Titanium but this entire trip was booked through Expedia. (Yes yes, I know -- already been told that wasn't a great idea, price match, no benefits from my status, blah blah blah -- read on)
  • On checkin, the agent recognized me as Titanium -- no mention of Expedia rates, etc. Apologized that our room, while nice was not what we had reserved (King Oceanview) due to the golf tournaments. He said that we would be moved in 1-2d to the correct configuration, but it would be 'worth the trouble'. He was amazingly friendly and gave us the rundown of the hotel, give me a tip that they knew about our wedding anniversary and a special something was already in our room, told me that we automatically get $14/person/day breakfast credit for the stay, got two leis (nuts for me and flowers for the wife), setup daily housekeeping, and had valet take our bags up
  • We were in the K tower (not even going to try to pronounce nor write it) on a pretty high up floor but facing the Ashton property next door -- still had a partial Oceanview but a bit loud because of the restaurant/bar at the Ashton playing music/etc. Overall -- very nice room but double beds instead of king (for those who are going to ask, yeah we did sleep in one together -- man it was cramped! but hey, all good for a night or two)
  • Rest of the room was very nice, everything is freshly updated, coffee machine (using those weird pods), mini refrigerator with a tiny ice box, nice couch area that folds out into another bed, and a decent balcony/lani with two chairs, lounger, and little table
  • The amenity for our anniversary was a big big ice bucket with sparkling wine, a large bag full of Hawaiian snacks, cookies, chips, dried fruit. Two champagne glasses included as well. All very nice and a great way to end the day considering the flight from YYC-YVR-HNL
  • We got a message to visit the front desk and move our stuff to the new room. New room was slightly lower level, and dead on ocean view (no partial) -- same tower. King bed, and the room felt bigger -- configured/arranged a bit different. Best part? it faced the other direction, so we could see the hotel pool and no more Ashton rocking late night music bar!
  • Breakfast at the Khuio Grille was really nice. Having a 28/day credit definitely helped and nothing to sneeze about. Loved pretty much everything we tried, continental, American style, loco loco (my fav), waffles, pancakes, etc. I guess staying that long, after a while all the hosts and wait staff recognize you! They always asked for room number and name, non-hotel guests I noticed they ask for proof of vaccination, etc.
  • We didn't eat at Sansei, DK, or Arracino -- the last one, we tried once but they were pretty booked up -- more on us for not making a reservation -- ended up going one of Morimoto's ramen restaurants instead (way way better idea and food was awesome)
  • We had a rental car for two days (45/d at the hotel for parking); pretty steep but its ok I suppose considering the location. Parking garage is handy but a bit tight so have patience but we never had an issue with no space -- I'm sure that's a result of the hotel being nowhere near capacity as well.
  • Resort fee (expected) of 49/d included internet, use of beach towels, beach chairs, pool, Internet, etc.

All in all, we had a good stay. The Marriott app and chat function were very useful to ask the staff for stuff like printing our PCR results, etc. Lovely stay. Definitely will book directly in the future since I didn't get nightly credit and such. But all in all, no complaints!