FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:27 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by painintheuk
That's sad . It might not be 'fancy', but "beneath"? That's pretty sad.
@Bohemian1 is a pretty sophisticated guy. The maple cream liqueur just seemed like it might be a bit plebian for him

Totally agree! We're not great at that, but are working on it. That's where I thought you and Bohemian1 might know more.
I have some ideas - similar to @Bohemian1, somewhat thinking of it like Bailey's - but always curious to see what others think.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I dunno, never had it, but this sounds like interesting stuff to me.

If we're talking cocktails, I would steer towards enriching with a neutral spirit like vodka. Then you could concoct a twist on something like a White Russian (hey, let's call it a Cabotage!)
Or maybe a Polar Route? Seems fitting for something combining the Russian and the Canadian

I'm too lazy to dig out the Flavor Bible, so I'm essentially just riffing on a Baileys analog here, but I imagine one could get far more creative with some imagination.
I'm working on it. I just have so many things here these days. Someone asked in a group chat last week how many bottles of spirits/liqueurs we have at home, trying to figure out how long each of us could theoretically go without having to buy more booze. I clocked in at somewhere around 140, or more...

Originally Posted by painintheuk
COVID do cocktail fun!
Smith Cocktail Lab could potentially open to a very small number of patrons...